We all owe teachers many thanks as they adapt to the current climate. Whether the students are in the classroom physically or virtually, they're working harder than ever and taking on new challenges to make sure learning continues uninterrupted.
1. Teachers join queue for free registration
Use the form below. Double-check your email address for typos, please!
2. Runners donate their shirts
Choose "No Shirt" during registration or opt to donate extra spots.
3. Teachers get an email with free Fall 5k registration
As spots become available, emails go out with free registration codes.
How can I help thank teachers?
As a small way we can each say thank you, we have a created a program where you can decline a shirt at registration time and contribute your shirt to help us offer more free registrations to Teachers. Just select No shirt in the size selector.
Some people have asked if they can both get a shirt and contribute to free teachers registrations, so we've added that option. Select your preferred shirt size as you register and also add this additional item to your cart.
We’re also seeking partners to fund additional free registrations for teachers. Please contact us if you or your employer are interested in helping.
I'm a Teacher. How do I apply for a free registration?
To apply, fill out a request in the form below to join the queue. We're accepting new submissions through Friday, September 25th.
When space becomes available, we'll email you with instructions on how to register. You'll have 48 hours to register before we move further down the wait list. Space is limited, so we're using this system to keep things as fair and easy as possible.
So far, more than 2,000 teachers have requested free registration. That's amazing! Thank you for your patience as we move through the list as quickly as we can afford to. We process new free registrations every weekday, but with the current size of the list, expect to make it through everyone who's requested so far by early September.
Having trouble submitting the form? You can also go directly to the survey site.
Who qualifies for a free teacher registration?
We're defining teachers as those employed by a public or private primary or secondary schools, local education authorities, or a public or private universities or colleges in an education capacity. Some eligible examples:
- Classroom Teachers: Certified Pre K-12 Teachers, Certified Teacher Aides, Certified Teacher Assistants, Certified Educational Assistants, Certified Substitute Teacher, Teaching Intern, Specialized Teachers (e.g. Speech-Language Pathologists, JROTC, Music, Dance, Dramatic Arts, Art, Journalism, Speech, Home Economics, Vocational Education, Adult Education, Family and Consumer Science Engineering, Agriculture, Marketing, Athletic Coaching), College/University Professors
- Administrators: Principal, Headmaster, Superintendant, Assistant Principal. Vice Principal
- Other school staff: School Guidance Counselors, School Social Workers, School Psychologists, School Nurses, Head Start Teachers / Staff, Librarians / Educational Media Specialist, Occupational Therapists, Any Child Development Staff (that care/teach children under PreK - Kindergarten level), Pupil Personnel Services, Driver Education, Other School Employees (School Cafeteria, Maintenance, Office, Computer IT Staff)
Some examples ineligible for this program: any Teacher with expired credentials, Homeschool Teacher (who do not have a state-issued certification), College / University Employees who are not employed as a Professor or Faculty